Brown almonds from organic agriculture. May contain traces of peanuts and other nuts. May contain small pieces of almond shells.
Unit price: 35,44 €/KG
Perfectly delicious and loaded with nutrition. The robust flavor of organic almonds makes them a superior snack all by themselves, and they’re incredible in homemade trail mix or sprinkled over desserts. You can even blend these almonds in a food processor or coffee grinder to make your own fresh, raw almond flour.
1) Lower Cholesterol: Almonds boast the highest concentration of monounsaturated fat among commonly eaten nuts. The cholesterol-lowering effect of this heart-healthy fat has been demonstrated in numerous studies.
2) Protective Antioxidants: Almonds are one of the richest food sources of alpha-tocopherol, the form of vitamin E that is most easily absorbed by the body. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that supports the immune system, helps our bodies create red blood cells, and protects cells against the damaging effects of free radicals.
3) Good Source of Protein: With 7 grams of protein per serving, almonds really pack a protein punch. Our bodies use protein to build and repair tissue, and almonds are an easy grab-and-go source of this important nutrient. As a plant-based source of protein, almonds are suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets. They also make a great post-workout snack that helps repair muscle tissue.
4) Tons of Nutrients: Almonds are abundant in even more nutty nutrients, like protein, dietary fiber, magnesium, calcium, iron and potassium.
5) Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: Almonds are a rich source of soluble fiber, which helps the body absorb nutrients from food and slows the uptake of cholesterol in the blood.
Suggestions for Enjoying Almonds
1) Healthy Snacking Staple: Keep almonds on-hand to curb your appetite between meals. You can mix them with other nuts and dried fruit for a tasty trail mix, or toss them with rolled oats for an all natural muesli.
2) Smooth Almond Butter: Pour 3 cups of organic almonds into your food processor, and run it for 20-30 minutes, stopping a few times to scrape the mixture from the sides. Process the almonds until you’ve achieved an ideal creamy consistency.
3) Crunchy Delight: Chop the organic almonds and enjoy them for a variety of uses! Sprinkle them over salads for a boost of protein and healthy fats, or add them to baked goods for a satisfying crunch.
Almonds’ monounsaturated fat can not only lower LDL or “bad” cholesterol, it can keep you full— really full—for a really long time. For this reason, organic raw almonds are promoted more frequently than other organic raw nuts as a powerful weight loss food. When it comes to a great tasting, nutrient-rich snack that makes it easier to avoid overeating, organic almonds have few rivals.