Size M dimensions: greatest diameter 41mm, length 48mm without grip.
Volume: 28ml to the brim, 20ml to the holes.
Included in delivery: 1 Me Luna® menstrual cup, 1 Me Luna® microfiber bag.
Size M is commonly used:
- by girls and women of all ages
- by women with normal, medium periods
- by women who use regular tampons and only rarely require larger tampons
- by women who have not yet had children
- by women who have had children and do not require large tampons
This size is rarely used:
- by virgins
- by women who have very heavy periods
- by women who often require large tampons
- by women with weakened pelvic floor muscles
This size may be unsuitable:
- if small and regular tampons do not work well for you
- if you exclusively use large tampons
- if you have a prolapsed uterus
Menstrual cups are worn internally just like tampons except they collect menstrual flow instead of absorbing it. Menstrual cup forms a gentle seal with your vaginal walls and any flow is contained in the cup. It is then simply removed, emptied into the toilet, rinsed with water and then reinserted; Femmecup is always with you when you need it most!
Menstrual cup is non-absorbent so it can be left in place for up to 12 hours with no risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome; you may want to empty it more on heavier days and less often on light ones, it really is your personal choice as long as you always keep to the 12 hour rule. In between periods your menstrual cup should be sterilised either by boiling in water for 2-4 minutes or rinsing with sterilising fluid.
Menstrual cups are reusable and last up to 10 years so it is highly cost effective.